Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) is a single-page registration that is equivalent to the previous 11 forms protocol for self-certification of the MSMEs. This could be proving the existence of the establishment, owner’s or promoter’s identity. Additionally, it is similar to the unique Aadhaar details and bank account info, or any other basic information to represent as an identity of the MSME.
Moreover, the registration process is completely paperless (online). Following the completion, the applicant will receive a unique Udyog Aadhaar Number (UAN). This UAN is an identifier that can be used in applications of all MSME schemes.
Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum significance
India, home to the largest number of MSMEs in the world. Further, it is estimated that about 95% of the total industrial units come under MSMEs. Thereby, comprising over 42.5 million industries. However, only 36 million are these units are under registration.
Considering the present scenario, our government implements vital schemes that aid MSMEs. Thus, in return, the MSMEs boost our Indian economy. Nonetheless, many of these small industries cannot avail benefits due to the lengthy registration process. Also, it includes over 11 forms and a lengthy registration procedure. Thereby, simplifying the tedious process via Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum
Benefits of Registration Under Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum
The Key goal of UAM is to provide MSMEs with easier access to government schemes. As they play a key role in the development of our economy. Thus, UAN eases the tedious work and also offers the following benefits:
- The UAM is not mandatory for all MSME
- It is a cost-free, paperless online registration that is easily attainable and applied from any place (even mobile phones)
- UAM provides benefits of low subsidy interest rates, easy loans, and loans with no collateral for any industry that registers and qualifies under an MSME
- The UAM reduces the hassle of paperwork while applying for MSME schemes. Yet, additional documents are to be presented when required
- The applicant can use UAM for other eligible general Government subsidies
- One of the goals of UAM is to classify MSME and provide information about various government schemes
- Additionally, they also provide financial support for participating in International Expos
Any MSME can register for UAM if they qualify as an MSME. That is, the total cost value of the industry must be less than 10 crores, Further, the applicant must meet the following conditions to be eligible for registration
Following, the MSMEs are classified as Manufacturing industries (that produce goods) and Service Industries (that only render services)
The MSME must fall under one of the listed categories below
|UAM category||Type of MSME||Total Plant Value (instrument, machinery, equipment)|
|A||Manufacturing||Less than 25 lakhs|
|D||Services||Less than 10 lakhs|
|B||Manufacturing||Between 25 lakhs to 5 crore|
|E||Service||Between 10 lakhs to 2 crore|
|C||Manufacturing||Between 5 to 10 crore|
|F||Service||Between 2 to 5 crore|
Documents Necessary for Enrolment
The Registration process does not require you to have the documents presented. Yet, it is necessary to present the documents if and when requested while Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum registration. Nevertheless, the listed document data is significant for registration
- Applicant Aadhaar Card (Name, Address and Aadhaar number)
- Caste Certificate, if eligible (General/OBC/SC/ST)
- Organization Details and respective ids (Name, type, ownership details, etc)
- Bank documents like passbook, cheque, etc (Account details)
- Other information regarding the industry such as date of commencement, employees, cost value of the industry, activities, etc.
The Application Process
The registration process for UAM is simplified for easy access to schemes. Thus, there is no additional fee. Consequently, it can be done online at the individual’s convenience:
- To apply, the applicant must visit the official UAM website (Click here for direct link)
2. Following that enter OTP and click on validate:
3. Subsequently, the applicant will be presented with a form:
Check NIC Codes from this official list by clicking here
Submitting the Application
The same is also sent to your official email address but it is better to save a soft copy and print this once the certificate is generated.
For Additional information pertaining the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum Click here