54 new Coronavirus cases reported in Punjab today. Total Coronavirus cases in Punjab jumped to 2515. Further, active cases as on date stand at 373. Currently, there are 8 COVID-19 patients on oxygen support, and three patients remain critical under ventilator support.
New Guidelines from the State Government
- No Prasad distributed at religious places.
- Malls will open from 08 June with the token system for entry.
- 6 feet distance maintained at all public places.
- Mask wearing compulsory as standard all across India.
- Restaurants with home delivery shall remain operational until 8:00 pm.
COVID-19 District Wise Report
Amritsar District remains the worst affected with 434 Coronavirus cases. Jalandhar and Ludhiana Districts report 270 and 232 cases respectively. Ferozepur district has been declared Coronavirus free with zero active cases. Also, all districts in Punjab have reported 24 or more Coronavirus cases as on 06 June 2020.
As on 05 June, 2020 total Coronavirus tests conducted in Punjab stand at 113542. On average the state is conducting more than 6000 tests on daily bases.
Death Rate and Cured Cases
Mortality rate stands at 1.98% compared to the national average of 2.78%. Punjab has one of the highest Coronavirus recovery rates in India with a total of 2092 patients cured. Also, the state reports the death toll at 50.